Building a web application as a solo developer ain’t easy. There are an insane amount of things that need to be done and an almost unimaginable amount of decisions that need to be made…but it’s possible.
I wanted to take a few minutes to reflect on some of the things that I’ve learnt along the way:
- selecting the right technologies
- setting up consistent development environment
- using unix/linux tools effectively
- building a deployment pipeline
- architecting the app
- building a scaleable infrastructure
- testing, linting, logging, debugging
- securing components
- scripting and automation
- setting up server side and client side analytics
If you are a solo developer / small team just starting out on your building journey, feel free to get in touch tell me a bit about yourself. All these things are very fresh in my mind right now, and I am available for consulting gigs! Investing a bit of time and money now might save you weeks if not months of headaches later down the line.